Tea vs Coffee, a morning battle : Depends on your personalityJanuary 8, 2020
Coffee, with its unmistakable fragrance, is much more than a drink. For lovers it is ideal to flavor creams, ice cream, biscuits, cakes but not only, it can also be found in an unusual dress inside salty recipes, bold but appetizing, such as risotto with cream grana padano. Among our preparations that see him protagonist could not miss a classic dessert like the plumcake. Soft and tasty, the coffee plumcake is a dessert without eggs. In addition to the moka coffee added to the mixture, this plumcake is enriched with taste with the addition of dark chocolate pieces. Ideal for breakfast or a snack with its delicious frosted cover, the coffee cake really puts you in a good mood!
INGREDIENTS FOR A 26X11 CM MOULD
- Coffee (mocha, long) 350 g
- Flour 00 400 g
- Sunflower seed oil 100 g
- Sugar 250 g
- Baking powder 16 g
- Dark chocolate 150 g
FOR THE ICING
- Icing sugar 160 g
- Coffee (mocha, long) 25 g
Coffee beans, as a matter of fact.
- To make the coffee plumcake prepare the coffee along with the mocha (prepare a total of 375 g that you will use both for the dough and for the cover), and let cool. Take a large bowl and pour flour, instant baking powder and sugar.
- Add also the oil of seeds 4 and 350 g of coffee warmed, mix the mixture with a whisk by hand until it is homogeneous.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate, then pour it into the dough and stir one last time to incorporate. Butter and flour a mould for plumcake 25,5×11,5 cm high 7 cm, pour inside the mixture.
- Gently level the surface with a plate or a spatula and bake in a static oven preheated to 190° for 20 minutes. After this time lower the temperature to 160° and continue cooking for another 45 minutes. Bake the coffee plumcake and let cool, then bake and let cool completely. Meanwhile prepare the coffee icing: in a bowl pour the icing sugar and the 25 g of coffee left.
- Mix with the whisk to obtain a smooth and fluid sauce. Bake the plumcake on a plate, cover it with icing and decorate with coffee beans. Wait for the frosting to solidify, then serve the coffee plumcake.